Failed to Resolve Select Task Sequence...

I was working at a client with SCCM 2012 R2 OSD configuration and I was getting the error “Failed to Resolve Select Task Sequence Dependencies” every time testing the task sequence. I checked for the usual suspects and ensured that all applications and packages were distributed to the Distribution Points.

Initially, I thought the application that was causing the error was corrupted. So I went ahead and refreshed the content (“Update Content” as it’s formally known”). I attempted to run the task sequence again and then noticed that the same error came up referencing a different application. I began to see a pattern and all the applications that were referenced in the error all had version 1.

To increment all application versions, I used the following script that I pieced together from other sources:

Import-Module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\ConfigurationManager.psd1’
CD SiteCode:
$applications=Get-CMApplication |Select-Object ApplicationName,LocalizedDisplayName, CIVersion |Where-Object CIVersion -eq “1”
foreach ($app in $applications)
Write-host “Application :” “$app” -ForegroundColor DarkCyan

$dpttypes=Get-CMDeploymentType -ApplicationName $app

foreach ($dpt in $dpttypes)
Write-Host “Deployment Type:” “$dptname” -ForegroundColor DarkGreen
Update-CMDistributionPoint -ApplicationName $app -DeploymentTypeName $dptname
Note: Even after changing all versions to 2, I still had one or two apps needed to be incremented before I could proceed with the TS.